Don't call it a generator, but...

It's huge. It's kind of slow, but it works, mostly. May I present my character sheet [links below]

I want you to tell me every mistake I've made, and if you're a better programmer than me, why not try and tidy up that code. I stole a few ideas (and parts of images) from other character sheets around here. Thanks to everyone else who made this possible. Now, criticise!

Edit: SagaSheet 1.4

Hey, guys, let me give you the lowdown.

I've been working hard on the sheet over the past few weeks, trying to make it more user-friendly as well as updating it with the new material. I think that I've made big improvements in a lot of areas, but with the big changes are bound to come a whole Huttload of bugs.

Coincidentally, I have exams coming up in the next two weeks. It's strange to think that I started this sheet before starting uni, and these are my third year exams (and if they go well, I get to go to Harvard next year! Laughing). The downside of that is that I won't have time to work on the sheet, which also means that I haven't updated a lot of the little bugs that you guys have mentioned over the past few pages. The upside is that while I'm away, you can delve deeply into the sheet and tear it up, giving me lots of fun new work after I've finished my exams (and the subsequent celebrations).

There isn't import/export support at the moment. I'm considering moving in a whole new direction for that function - importing from the statblock format that the sheet produces. Ambitious, perhaps, but it would hopefully make the sheet a lot more cross-compatible with other products. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this sort of thing.

So, what I'm giving you is edition 1.4, and it is essentially beta. 1.41 (and probably 1.42) will hopefully be more stable (and probably slightly sleeker). I'll leave the link up for the older version.

I hope you guys understand my decision here. I'm doing this out of my own free time, and sometimes that free time just isn't there.

Thanks.

Version 1.31b

Ship Sheet 1.0 Beta

SagaSheet
I went through and compiled a bug list for Kenad Broki. It can be found here: http://nullfactor.net/msgbrds/

Nice Tiree :D
Fun, friendly community specializing in play by post games for every system and free from gaming. Come check us out. Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance campaign
I went through and compiled a bug list for Kenad Broki. It can be found here: http://nullfactor.net/msgbrds/

Excellent! Great work, Tiree!
Thanks for the sheet, it is very easy and helpful to create chars. One thing I never have been able to cut and paste from the stat block page. Anyone else having that trouble?
Thanks for the sheet, it is very easy and helpful to create chars. One thing I never have been able to cut and paste from the stat block page. Anyone else having that trouble?

Hmm have not tried that yet tell you what after I get done building characters with my players I will let you know.
I haven't had trouble c&p from the statblocs... but I usually hit the convert for forums button before doing the cut.
I have noticed that you can't right click. But you can use the CTRL+C the CTRL+V

I have used the Message Board layout on several occasions

I haven't had any trouble. Of course I always use the keyboard shortcuts so I haven't noticed if right click doesn't work.
Fun, friendly community specializing in play by post games for every system and free from gaming. Come check us out. Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance campaign
Thanks!!!!!!
Ok, I've been working some more on the sheet and I've made a dent in some of the items in Tiree's consolidated bugs website:

• Jedi Jump and Mechanics skills are done
  • Large/Huge droids are in (was this in the Errata? The RAW include only small/med. custom droids)
  • Linguist Feat fixed
  • Force Training requirements fixed
  • Unarmed on equipment tab fixed
  • Price/Weight column now right justified
  • # of languages reported in stat block increased to 40
  • Per Knightslight's suggestion, added a Notes tab, which will report in the stat block, but I haven't figured out how to get it to report on the character sheet yet.
  • Kept all the previous tweaks I made, with the exception of the language reporting changes. I was unaware that taking a language automatically gave you speak/read/write, so I took that back out. The other tweaks I made that are on the website are still in.

SagaSheet1.146 update 063007.xls

Please check these over and make sure that they're acting as intended by the originator of the bug. I'll keep trying to work on the other bugs but I think I'm about at the end of my VBA knowledge :P
Thanks, I have updated the webpage with that info.
The Short Lightsaber says 2500 creds on the Attacks page, but only bills you 65 credits on the equipment page.

Several species modifiers (Devorian was the one I noticed it on, don;t remember them all) are missing.
Great update there Neighbor been testing this out by building a NPC master character. I want to make sure I have not missed something, but under force techniques Power Master only has a yes question too it. I was wondering if anyone that has figured out more the the macros and other stuff could change that to how many times you take it and put a box next to the powers and have it checked for the Mastered power or something along those lines. If I have misread that you can take that technique multiply times sorry, but please point me in the right direction to learn more.
Sorry for bothering - it looks very promising but it doesn't work in OpenOffice even with makros turned on. Unfortunately i neither can afford MS Office nor will it run unter my OS. Is there an easy possibillity for converting it to the OSI standard OpenDocument? Otherwise simply ignore this post.
The Ship Tab is causing a hard crash on office 2007 it does give debug info. but I do not know how to program so it means nothing to me. I will copy the code for you when i reopen it.

Runtime error '-2147417848(80010108)
Method '_default' of object 'range failed

Equipment j1 changed is the line highlighed.
The Short Lightsaber says 2500 creds on the Attacks page, but only bills you 65 credits on the equipment page.

Several species modifiers (Devorian was the one I noticed it on, don;t remember them all) are missing.

The Devaronian information is blank. I don't have any materials with them in it to convert. We need their attribute mods, base speed, ages, language, and any species bonuses, natural weapons, defenses, etc. for both male and female.

That's easy enough to put in (the table is in the Abilities and Classes tab). If someone wants to PM me with the info, I will gladly include that. I would advise against posting any actual stats here, though PMing them may not be acceptable either technically. I dunno.
FOund a "bug" last night. I added a padded flight suit to a character then found that it caused his refelx defense to drop toop much, so I removed it. However the padded flight suit bonus to the FORT defense remained, enve though the relfex defense recalculated correctly.

Jedi Dade

Thanks for taking the time to do this! Outstanding!
It's great to see that everyone is working together to keep it afloat while I'm out here surfing :P

Thanks to everyone, I'll be back some time next week or so, for a short stint, so I'll see what I can do then.

Keep up the great work, I really appreciate it, even if I can't see it
I tried to download the latest version of the spreadsheet - but it seems to be unable to connect to the server... Download limits maybe? I wanted to try a few things out that I found to be errors on an older version and see if they were corrected before I posted them as an error...

Anyone else have problems downloading the latest version?
I had problems trying to download it also. But you just have to be patient. In fact when I tried, I had a red bar accross the screen saying you can't download right now.
It's great to see that everyone is working together to keep it afloat while I'm out here surfing :P

Thanks to everyone, I'll be back some time next week or so, for a short stint, so I'll see what I can do then.

Keep up the great work, I really appreciate it, even if I can't see it

Hang loose, Kenad!

MediaFire is sometimes strange. I have to lower my privacy settings every time I DL something from it. If you try later and still can't get it, PM me with an address and I'll be happy to zip up Kenad's 1.146 and send it to you. I'm sure he would approve.
I can't download this I get a darn cookie message. Can you email me this [email]thierryd23456@yahoo.com[/email] please anyone.
Ok, I've been working some more on the sheet and I've made a dent in some of the items in Tiree's consolidated bugs website:

• Jedi Jump and Mechanics skills are done
  • Large/Huge droids are in (was this in the Errata? The RAW include only small/med. custom droids)
  • Linguist Feat fixed
  • Force Training requirements fixed
  • Unarmed on equipment tab fixed
  • Price/Weight column now right justified
  • # of languages reported in stat block increased to 40
  • Per Knightslight's suggestion, added a Notes tab, which will report in the stat block, but I haven't figured out how to get it to report on the character sheet yet.
  • Kept all the previous tweaks I made, with the exception of the language reporting changes. I was unaware that taking a language automatically gave you speak/read/write, so I took that back out. The other tweaks I made that are on the website are still in.

SagaSheet1.146 update 063007.xls

Please check these over and make sure that they're acting as intended by the originator of the bug. I'll keep trying to work on the other bugs but I think I'm about at the end of my VBA knowledge :P

Weapon Focus no longer lets you pick anything beyond unarmed.
if you right click on the drop down menu, u get a new choice where you then can chose from the drop down menu, then ALL choices will appear (even those you dont have the feats to select).
That's a temporary solution atleast until it's fixed.
i found under the SagaSheet1.146 update 063007.xls that the roll HP dose not work at all
Edit: Alright been playing with the droid section with the sheet there is something wrong in the formula for the tools, claw, and etc.. it just say #name. Working to see if I can fix if anyone got the fix already could you post it. Also random weight does not work on droids either. I think we need to get that working to for the base weight of the Droid this way if some tries to carry a droid we can see if it in their encumbrance level.
Pack to the front page
I updated it with the latest bugs: http://nullfactor.net/msgbrds/
I have a couple to add... Combat gloves' cost are not adding up correctly on the equipment page (missing the 0 at the end).
Miraluka bonus feats on the 1st tab are not registering. Though they do else where in the document so it's not really a big issue. I haven't tried making other species so I'm not sure if it's for others as well.
I have Excel 2007 and can't seem to get anything to work. I turned off the security and enabled all macros and I still can't seem to get this thing to work. Any ideas?

Its telling me this:
This workbook has lost its VBA project, ActiveX controls and any other programmability-related features.
Something else I noticed you can't roll up the Non-heroic HP. That is either a bug or something I am not aware of.
I have Excel 2007 and can't seem to get anything to work. I turned off the security and enabled all macros and I still can't seem to get this thing to work. Any ideas?

Its telling me this:
This workbook has lost its VBA project, ActiveX controls and any other programmability-related features.

Are you converting the document? Can it be open in 2003 or 2000 format? I am not familiar with Office 2007, but it should be somewhat compatible. Otherwise I'll make a note that it works in 2003 only.
Are you converting the document? Can it be open in 2003 or 2000 format? I am not familiar with Office 2007, but it should be somewhat compatible. Otherwise I'll make a note that it works in 2003 only.

I'm using 2007 as well. I haven't tried the newest one yet, but I shall later to make sure it isn't just the version. The file needs to be saved as a macro enabled file for it to work properly after the first instance. I'll see if there's anything else which needs to be done as well for it to work on 2007.

well at the moment i have the 2000 version works fine with it.
well at the moment i have the 2000 version works fine with it.

That's good to know. I have been using 2003 and I know it works with that.

I do work with Access in different versions. In Access 2003 it tells you what version the file is in, if you want to convert it that sort of thing.
Figured out the issue. When my girlfriend installed office she unchecked VB. Got it working.

I dont know if this has been found but if you select a multi-class, roll HP, then decide to change your class you selected to a different one, you can select the talents from the previous one.
i found under the SagaSheet1.146 update 063007.xls that the roll HP dose not work at all

Not seeing this Gray, sorry. The copy I have running Excel 2003 is working fine.

@Locke and Key:
Weapon Focus no longer lets you pick anything beyond unarmed.

Make sure you have a class selected, and you have to be proficient in the weapon group to get Focus. If you've done all that, try to go to a different page and then back again. The macros only update when the page is opened, so if you make changes, going to a different page and then back will force the macros to update again and you should see the changes reflected.
I have updated the webpage with gribble's downloads - modified the webpage for ease of use finding the latest version of the Excel Sheet and added the newest Web Enhancement. http://nullfactor.net/msgbrds/
Here's a bug I found:

Under Dathomiri Witches: Charm beast = yes does not open up Command Beast. Logic statement should point to line 158 rather than 155.
which version of the sheet are you using. The non-update one is correct, and from what I can tell the current update is correct.

This is the statement I have in both sheets: =IF($F$158>0,"Yes","No")

edit: DOH! I made a mistake on what field you are looking for: =IF($I$161="Yes",IF(F158<>0,"Yes","No"),"No") should be the correct statement.
Sign In to post comments