Don't call it a generator, but...

It's huge. It's kind of slow, but it works, mostly. May I present my character sheet [links below]

I want you to tell me every mistake I've made, and if you're a better programmer than me, why not try and tidy up that code. I stole a few ideas (and parts of images) from other character sheets around here. Thanks to everyone else who made this possible. Now, criticise!

Edit: SagaSheet 1.4

Hey, guys, let me give you the lowdown.

I've been working hard on the sheet over the past few weeks, trying to make it more user-friendly as well as updating it with the new material. I think that I've made big improvements in a lot of areas, but with the big changes are bound to come a whole Huttload of bugs.

Coincidentally, I have exams coming up in the next two weeks. It's strange to think that I started this sheet before starting uni, and these are my third year exams (and if they go well, I get to go to Harvard next year! Laughing). The downside of that is that I won't have time to work on the sheet, which also means that I haven't updated a lot of the little bugs that you guys have mentioned over the past few pages. The upside is that while I'm away, you can delve deeply into the sheet and tear it up, giving me lots of fun new work after I've finished my exams (and the subsequent celebrations).

There isn't import/export support at the moment. I'm considering moving in a whole new direction for that function - importing from the statblock format that the sheet produces. Ambitious, perhaps, but it would hopefully make the sheet a lot more cross-compatible with other products. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this sort of thing.

So, what I'm giving you is edition 1.4, and it is essentially beta. 1.41 (and probably 1.42) will hopefully be more stable (and probably slightly sleeker). I'll leave the link up for the older version.

I hope you guys understand my decision here. I'm doing this out of my own free time, and sometimes that free time just isn't there.

Thanks.

Version 1.31b

Ship Sheet 1.0 Beta

SagaSheet
Weapon Focus (amphistaff) requires you to have Dual Weapon Mastery II instead of EwP (amphistaff). The code references I32 instead of I34 or 35.
However, this is a FANTASTIC resource, keep it up.

:D :D :D

I second that! :D
Also its not adding in you strength modifier when you take the weapons of unarmed and combat gloves, and it looks like it is not adding your constitution modifier to each level you take and i took the feet Linguist as my multi classing bonus and it dose not show up in the stat and it did not show that i should have a number of bonus languages to take, and under equipment when you buy a flight suit you get a +1 bonus to fortitude, and space suit gives you a +2 fortitude
This program keeps getting better...

If you are taking any requests, I would like to propose this one...

You seem to have a lot of alien species presented, a lot that are not in the Saga book. I am more of a purist when it comes to rules, so all those other races are unneccessary for me.

Is there any way you could have an option on the Character tab to just show the species from SAGA in the dropdown box?

If not, or if it is too much trouble than it is worth, no biggie.

Keep up the great work!
In Abilities & Classes

When I pick the classes I want, they do not show up for me. For example, they are listed as:

0 None
1 Jedi
2 Noble
3 Scoundrel
4 Scout
5 Soldier
6 Nonheroic

But when I choose Jedi, it comes up as

1 None

When I choose Scout, it comes up as

3 None

I think it is calculating it right, just not displaying the class right.
you have to enable macros. Otherwise the sheet will not work.
The Sith Apprentice doesn't have access to the Duelist tree.
you have to enable macros. Otherwise the sheet will not work.

Not sure if you were responding to me or someone else, but I did enable macros. Everything else works just fine, but the classes are not showing up. Just the numbers they are assigned to.
When I rolled for HPs, the last class I took (Jedi at level 20) came up as a 0. Not sure if that is a problem with just that cell, or if it is possible other levels can come up as 0 as well.
Not sure if you were responding to me or someone else, but I did enable macros. Everything else works just fine, but the classes are not showing up. Just the numbers they are assigned to.

I only run into the problem you are describing when I do not enable macros.
Under Talents in Force Traditions, i Noticed an error. Even though im trained in Force Cloak, I cant selct Force Cloak Mastery. The Command in H156 is off by one letter (designates colum "J" instead of "I").

This is the case also with Adept Spellcaster and Charm Beast.
I've got about Zero xperience in Ecell, and manged to fix it so other should have no problems doing it themselves.
Known Languages
Characters with an Intelligence bonus know how to speak, read, and write other languages as well. For each point of Intelligence bonus, a character can speak, read, and write one additional language of his choice.

Saga Edition Core Rulebook, Chapter II: Species, page 22.

This would mean you can do all three for each point of INT bonus but it appears that Speak and Read/Write are seperate on the Language sheet; thus each column requires a seperate "language point" to buy.
The Crime Lord's second level does not receive a talent. I have looked all over the the sheet to see where it finds this information and can't find it to provide you the fix.
The Skills sheet flickers like mad when doing most updates. Also, it tends to stack overflow due to the Worksheet_Change method firing itself when updating the cell value to "Yes".

The stack overflow can be fixed by hijacking the ClearingSkills flag. I did the following (important additions in red, style changes in blue):
Show

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)<br /> colours<br /> If Abilities.Range("ClearingSkills") = 0 Then<br /> [color=red]Abilities.Range("ClearingSkills") = 1[/color]<br /> If Not Intersect(Target, Skills.Range("D7:E32")) Is Nothing Then<br /> [color=Blue]If Target.Value &lt;&gt; "" And Target.Value &lt;&gt; "Species" Then<br /> If Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 48 Then Target.Value = ""<br /> If Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 2 Then Target.Value = "Yes"<br /> End If[/color]<br /> End If<br /> [color=Red]Abilities.Range("ClearingSkills") = 0[/color]<br /> End If<br /> End Sub

Also, if you add Application.ScreenUpdating = False to the beginning of colours() and Application.ScreenUpdating = True to the end, the sheet takes much less time to update as it won't draw all the incremental changes.
Any more updates Kenad?
Okay, I made a lot of fixes (hopefully) for the new version of the sheet, but I'm not sure if I caught all of the bugs that were thrown at me, so check out whether it's any better!

v1.13 is live, and Karlauss supported!
Languages don't differentiate Speak vs. Read/Write any longer I believe. If you know a language, you can Speak(or understand for unspeakable languages) and Read/Write it.
The Skills sheet flickers like mad when doing most updates.

This happened to me also, until I downloaded the latest version of Adobe Reader. Works fine with no flickering now, one of the updates for the new Reader was specifically to refine computations.
I just noticed this if you clear the talents and select new ones the old talents don't clear off of the stat block or the character sheets and the new one are just added in.
There might be a problem with the attack calculations.

I created a character (Jedi 2/Soldier 4/Scoundrel 3) and gave him a created lightsaber. Reported attack bonus is +103 with the lightsaber.

I created a character (Jedi 2/Soldier 4/Scoundrel 3) and gave him a created lightsaber. Reported attack bonus is +103 with the lightsaber.

That is a little fishy, isn't it?
I am not sure but I think your caculations are off. At 3rd level jedi had a +50 to attack. Also you need to but a pre-req on weapon specialization talent in Jedi, Weapon Focus. Other wise your plays could accidently take it too early.
Yep Base Attack calcs right but the end result for an jedi 8/jedi knight 3 is +112
Yep Base Attack calcs right but the end result for an jedi 8/jedi knight 3 is +112

And people say Jedi are balanced in Saga!
;)

I don't think there's any "might" about the calculations being off unless you say it is, "mighty wrong."

And people say Jedi are balanced in Saga!
;)

Another Issue I am noticing is in the Force Powers some of them will not show up on either Character Sheets. Force Disarm, Mind Trick, and a couple of others I can't remember off the top of my head
Can't say I've found that problem with the massive attack bonuses - looks like the values are concatenating instead of accumulating.

I have noticed that when I run multiclass Jedi, as often as not the Feats don't appear in the stat block (they still show up on the character sheet, however).
That's because Saxton has absolutely no idea what he's talking about and is more interested in canonizing his own ridiculous ideas about Star Wars then actually giving a realistic set of data, or at least trying to stay true to the source. And he's got his crowd of fans blowing his ego and promoting his work as if it actually were decent or passable in Star Wars fiction. Everything he's written should be struck, followed by him getting struck a few times. Raul_Torin (Feb 16, 2010)
Can't say I've found that problem with the massive attack bonuses - looks like the values are concatenating instead of accumulating.

I have noticed that when I run multiclass Jedi, as often as not the Feats don't appear in the stat block (they still show up on the character sheet, however).

Looks like Jedi aren't the only ones...
CL 13

Medium Miraluka noble 4 / scoundrel 3 / force adept 5
Destiny ; Force 12; Dark Side
Init +19; Senses Perception +14
Languages Miralukese

Defenses Ref 27 (flat-footed 24), Fort 26, Will 29
hp 42; Threshold 26

6 squares
Ranged blaster pistol, heavy +110 (3d8+6) or
Ranged blaster pistol, heavy +105 (3d8+6) and blaster pistol +105 (3d6+6) or
Ranged blaster pistol +110 (3d6+6)
Base Atk +8; Grp +11
Atk Options Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Running Attack
Special Actions Coordinated Attack, Force Fortification, Quick Draw

All the Languages this guy knows don't translate into the stats (he knows about 10+), the character sheets text is off (skewed to the left and too small)
Fun, friendly community specializing in play by post games for every system and free from gaming. Come check us out. Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance campaign
Level one Jedi 17 Dex has a +41 attack. I suspect it is multiplying melee/range attack by 10 then adding everything. Level 2 +51 Attack +46 with dual Weapon. so i think my theory is right.

Yeah it definitely is the melee/range attack times 10 +misc mod.. Anyone know where in the sheet this is?

One thing I noticed missing from the equipment list is Comlinks modified for holo at 10x cost.
Level one Jedi 17 Dex has a +41 attack. I suspect it is multiplying melee/range attack by 10 then adding everything. Level 2 +51 Attack +46 with dual Weapon. so i think my theory is right.

Yeah it definitely is the melee/range attack times 10 +misc mod.. Anyone know where in the sheet this is?

No i was looking for it earlier and didn't find it.
Fun, friendly community specializing in play by post games for every system and free from gaming. Come check us out. Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance campaign
For the gunslinger: Multiattack proficiency should be able ot be taken more than once and stack, unless I missed errata somewhere.

-R
I want to thank you for giving us a chance to Debug this with you, and for all the hard work you have put into this excel sheet. Now on to some more issues I have found:D .

Here is a list of some of the Issue: Some Feats like MA I are not adding to Reflex def. Not all Force Powers are showing up, Weapon Finesse needs a drop down so you can pick the weapon you are using it with(this is just a request so that any GM or Player knows it not for all the weapons they use), equipment list does not have clothing so if you have extra clothes you can put it on your sheet. Starting Credits are stuck at 20,000. Have not been able to edit it yet where it sticks. Also if you get a chance please remove the read/write section as they are all in one now a days These are just a few more things I have run across bug wise total.

Oh by the way I like the Karlauss sheet very much as it lays out what you need for basic up front. Jedi can always turn to the second page for their powers. Keep up the good work neighbor and look forward to your next update
Funny how much difference a & can make where a + is needed. Small update to fix some of these niggles.

I'm not sure about Weapon Finesse. Is it weapon group specific? The wording in the book isn't that clear, so I'm erring on a more general side. If there's been a clarification, then let me know.
Funny how much difference a & can make where a + is needed. Small update to fix some of these niggles.

I'm not sure about Weapon Finesse. Is it weapon group specific? The wording in the book isn't that clear, so I'm erring on a more general side. If there's been a clarification, then let me know.

Can't download the update.

Have to discuss with Karlaus putting a char potrait spot on his sheet.
Kenad,
The site you are using to host this for the last hour has been given me errors to download your sheet in Firefox and IE. It is now 9:02 AM CST Here will give you an update in a couple of hours.
Just chiming in here with knightslight. I have also been having trouble downloading. It is about one hour after knightslight posted.
Yeah, I'm having trouble too, and it's my sheet!

I'll get to the source of this ;)
There are also issues with the damage for unarmed attacks and combat gloves. With Martial Arts III, the generator is giving my Medium human a 1d8 base damege (should be 1d10) and not adding in the STR modifier. With combat gloves the STR modifier is their, but the base damage is still wrong.
I think that the sheet is now fixed. I'm going to work on incorporating a ship so that you can get quick stats when using a vehicle. If there are any suggestions for house-rules, send them my way.

r6art, can you give me the details that would affect the unarmed damage for your character? Thanks a lot
Kenad Broki,
Awesome work! Thanks for sharing with and giving back to the community. You have done an outstanding job with this little bit (ton of!) work. Thanks!

To anyone having problems with the original link posted by Kenad Broki located here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ecnfhlzykpm,
I have a mirror up here: SagaSheet1.135.xls

I did modify the original. It was left with a LvL 20 Elite Trooper with a Wis of 200! The Equipment tab was also left way over in the BZ column and not in the beginning column. I did nothing more than download the file reset the stats and classes and upload it to my server. I take no credit for any of Kenad Broki's hard work. Just making sure that his hard work can get into the eager hands of our RPG community. ;)

Thanks again Kenad Broki!!!
Sign In to post comments