Don't call it a generator, but...

It's huge. It's kind of slow, but it works, mostly. May I present my character sheet [links below]

I want you to tell me every mistake I've made, and if you're a better programmer than me, why not try and tidy up that code. I stole a few ideas (and parts of images) from other character sheets around here. Thanks to everyone else who made this possible. Now, criticise!

Edit: SagaSheet 1.4

Hey, guys, let me give you the lowdown.

I've been working hard on the sheet over the past few weeks, trying to make it more user-friendly as well as updating it with the new material. I think that I've made big improvements in a lot of areas, but with the big changes are bound to come a whole Huttload of bugs.

Coincidentally, I have exams coming up in the next two weeks. It's strange to think that I started this sheet before starting uni, and these are my third year exams (and if they go well, I get to go to Harvard next year! Laughing). The downside of that is that I won't have time to work on the sheet, which also means that I haven't updated a lot of the little bugs that you guys have mentioned over the past few pages. The upside is that while I'm away, you can delve deeply into the sheet and tear it up, giving me lots of fun new work after I've finished my exams (and the subsequent celebrations).

There isn't import/export support at the moment. I'm considering moving in a whole new direction for that function - importing from the statblock format that the sheet produces. Ambitious, perhaps, but it would hopefully make the sheet a lot more cross-compatible with other products. I'd appreciate your thoughts on this sort of thing.

So, what I'm giving you is edition 1.4, and it is essentially beta. 1.41 (and probably 1.42) will hopefully be more stable (and probably slightly sleeker). I'll leave the link up for the older version.

I hope you guys understand my decision here. I'm doing this out of my own free time, and sometimes that free time just isn't there.

Thanks.

Version 1.31b

Ship Sheet 1.0 Beta

SagaSheet
Still fiddling with it, but I don't think it is adding Improved Damage Threshold. When I select it as a feat, it isn't calculating at the end.

Also, under The Force worksheet... Force Point Recovery does not allow you to take it multiple times.
I got something similar. I tried to make a Cerean with a 18 dex point buy and though it calculated the -2 correctly, changing it to 16, this applied to my bonus as well, giving me a max dex bonus of +1. Maybe I missed something?

nope, you're not. Check the armour tab. None is listed has having an armour bonus and a max dex. Its a goof up for the None option.
I was wondering. Is there a way to make it so when you pick a utility belt or field kit to have it add all the items in these things as a list under the item?

IE
Utility Belt
.....3 days food
.....Medpac
.....Tool Kit
.....Power Pak
.....Energy Cell
.....Glow Rod
.....Comlink
.....Liquid Cable dispencer, Gapple hook
.....Empty pouch
.....Empty pouch

Feild Kit
.....2 Condensing Canteens
.....Sunshield
.....1 week food
.....2 glow rods
.....2 breathmasks
.....12 Air Canisters
.....All Temperature Cloak

This way when you add these items it has all the stuff people are carrying. you can even have the items in the pouches add up to the total. this way the utility belt has a weight and adds to your encumbrance. it would be really cool if the utility belt could do a drop down list for the items so you could swap out the comlink for a better one. ad security kits or change the type of tool kit etc.

How hard would it be to use Karlausses sheet as a background for the CL1 and 2 sheets?
you have to turn on Macros. there is a subtle bar under the ribbon to do so. Works on my office2007

for some reason it wants to convert the file, make it read only, and won't let me turn on macros. I'm still getting used to ms 2007 so any help would be appreciated. :D
Fun, friendly community specializing in play by post games for every system and free from gaming. Come check us out. Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance campaign
Updated to appease everyone's criticism (mostly).

Keep the testing coming, guys!:D

Edit: I'll work on those two bugs tomorrow, Daeglan and Jason_Langlois. It's getting pretty late here

I'm having trouble with talents for multiclass characters, particularly prestige classes. Otherwise, great system. Making things a lot easier when it comes to NPCs

Edit: Nevermind. Figured out what I did wrong
Abandon all hope. Prepare for the Wierdness. Get familiar with cannibalism." Hunter S. Thompson, 2000 My custom Minis http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75862/19476986/ob1dylans_customs&sort_order=ASC
I noticed the Ability Mods are not listed on the second page of the character sheet (though thare included in the totals). Same thing with the Defense scores.
Hey great spreadsheet. The only thing I'm seeing is that when making a Jedi, it shows Mechanic as a class skill, but shouldn't be unless this was addressed some place on the boards that I've missed.
I am using version 1.11 and I get the following bits of errors that I have found:

DeadEye Feat has the wrong Code – it should read: =IF(AND(I58="Yes",BAB>=4),"Yes","No")
Wealth Talen has the wrong Code – it should read: =IF(I78="Yes",1,I78)
Ace Pilot Pre-requisites has the wrong code – it should read: =IF(Feats!I82="Yes","Met","Feats: Vehicular Combat")

And I consistently get an error after getting to Character Level 9 (Noble 4 / Scoundrel 3 / Crime Lord 2

I get the following error (highlighted in yellow is italicized):

'Command Cover
If Abilities.Range("CommandCover") > 0 Then
name = name & "Command Cover +" & Abilities.Range("Command over") & ", "
End If
You are missing a place to put experience. You could prolly make the level cell between the class and form variable formatting to cover xp. requirements too.
This Sheet is AWESOME

However I noticed a couple of things...

Seems like its missing the extra skill for being human... Haven't gotten to the feats yet...

yep missing the human extra feat too...

Improved Disarm did not become avaialble after I took melee Defense

Also on CS1 the Defense modifiers did nto print correctly they were either bloank or contained a value if 1 - although the total value used the corect numbers... for the correct total

The special attacks from my takng rapid strike and combat gloves did not translate to the CS1 printout even though it represented perfectly on the attacks tab. Not sure if this in an error or not, but it should show up on the sheet somewhere - perhaps under Notes or as part of the damage block.

Did I tell you again how awesome this thing is!

Jedi Dade
Seems like its missing the extra skill for being human... Haven't gotten to the feats yet...

Jedi Dade

I didn't seem to have that problem. When I started out as Human Noble with 16 in Intelligence, it provided me 10 skills to choose from. What class are you starting off with?
This sheet is great and has been really useful, but I did encounter one problem so far. When I changed the class on one of my characters from Scout to Jedi, the sheet didn't recalculate the class defense bonuses.
Mine's calculating Human featsand skills correctly but I'm starting with Noble. It may be broken for other classes. When I tried to have my non-force sensitive noble multiclass into Jedi at 2nd level it did not prompt me to select one of the available starting feats.

-----

Never mind - it prompts me once I get to the feats tab.
When I changed the class on one of my characters from Scout to Jedi, the sheet didn't recalculate the class defense bonuses.

I made half of the sheet before I had the book, and not all of the details I gleaned were correct. This should be fixed now, but check through that I've got all the base class details right!

Improved Disarm did not become avaialble after I took melee Defense

Really? I thought that the extra human stuff was working. Check again on the new sheet, and it it's still buggy, I'll intensify the forward firepower.

Fixed the improved disarm, it was still linking to the point before the great feat overhaul of 2007!

Also on CS1 the Defense modifiers did nto print correctly they were either bloank or contained a value if 1 - although the total value used the corect numbers... for the correct total

The special attacks from my takng rapid strike and combat gloves did not translate to the CS1 printout even though it represented perfectly on the attacks tab. Not sure if this in an error or not, but it should show up on the sheet somewhere - perhaps under Notes or as part of the damage block.

Which defense modifiers were those? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at

Hmm, the special attacks. The combat actions are listed (correctly, now!). To me it seems that there isn't space to throw all of the attack modifiers and damages and such on a character sheet, just to know your options. But if everybody gives me a roll of the eyes, I'll see what I can do!

You are missing a place to put experience. You could prolly make the level cell between the class and form variable formatting to cover xp. requirements too.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here. Personally, I've never marked experience on my character sheets. I might do this, if it's that important

I am using version 1.11 and I get the following bits of errors that I have found:

DeadEye Feat has the wrong Code – it should read: =IF(AND(I58="Yes",BAB>=4),"Yes","No")
Wealth Talen has the wrong Code – it should read: =IF(I78="Yes",1,I78)
Ace Pilot Pre-requisites has the wrong code – it should read: =IF(Feats!I82="Yes","Met","Feats: Vehicular Combat")

And I consistently get an error after getting to Character Level 9 (Noble 4 / Scoundrel 3 / Crime Lord 2

I get the following error (highlighted in yellow is italicized):

'Command Cover
If Abilities.Range("CommandCover") > 0 Then
name = name & "Command Cover +" & Abilities.Range("Command over") & ", "
End If

Fixed, fixed, fixed, fixed! (hopefully!)

Give it another spin and see how she holds!

Hey great spreadsheet. The only thing I'm seeing is that when making a Jedi, it shows Mechanic as a class skill, but shouldn't be unless this was addressed some place on the boards that I've missed.

Correct you are! Take that, Jedi mechanics!

I noticed the Ability Mods are not listed on the second page of the character sheet (though thare included in the totals). Same thing with the Defense scores.

I'll come clean on this. I'm pretty lazy. I couldn't find a way of getting the ability mods to appear in front of the "CON" or "WIS" or "DEX" etc, so I figured they could just look up at the mod in the abilities section, or write it in. But I might be persuaded to work around it.

for some reason it wants to convert the file, make it read only, and won't let me turn on macros. I'm still getting used to ms 2007 so any help would be appreciated. :D

I'm writing it in Excel 2000, so you're the better part of a decade ahead of me! I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know how to fix that

I was wondering. Is there a way to make it so when you pick a utility belt or field kit to have it add all the items in these things as a list under the item?

How hard would it be to use Karlausses sheet as a background for the CL1 and 2 sheets?

I've tried the first, tell me how you like it.

For the second, I'd need to get his permission, and then I'd need to remake all the cells and that for the new sheet, but if it is that much of an improvement, I could probably do it. And I suppose it could be an optional thing, just have two extra sheets at the end.

nope, you're not. Check the armour tab. None is listed has having an armour bonus and a max dex. Its a goof up for the None option.

Can you tell me whether that's still happening? I thought I'd ironed it out :O

Still fiddling with it, but I don't think it is adding Improved Damage Threshold. When I select it as a feat, it isn't calculating at the end.

Also, under The Force worksheet... Force Point Recovery does not allow you to take it multiple times.

I believe these are fixed. Get back to me!

I got a visiB erro in this code

Dim box(7) As String
y = 0
stringstart = 1
stringend = 1
For x = 1 To 7
stringend = Len(box(x)) + 1
If Len(name) > 40 Then
While Len(box(x)) < 40 * x
box(x) = Mid(name, stringstart, InStr(stringend + stringstart - 1, name, ", ") - stringstart + 2)
stringend = Len(box(x))

The Italicized text was highlighted.

in version 1.11
Adding Deflect gave me an error 28 out of stack space when choosing class for a talent.

I think I've fixed the first, and I can't replicate the second. Tell me if it happens again :O

Created a Jedi 1, gave him Force Intuition (use the Use the Force skill for Initiative). Lists him with his default Init +2 from Dex, not the talent adjusted Init. Is that intentional?

Check out the spangly new version then!

To be honest, I thought that these "Use the Force" replacement talents were something that is done in game, not on sheet, if you get my meaning. But I think I've found the middle way!

And v1.12 is now live, so get bughunting! And happy adventuring!
On the Armor tab, there appears to be a bit of confusion about where the Improved Damage Threshold feat is for calculating Damage Threshold.
Is there a way to download this sheet without becoming a member to that site? I'm already a member to so many of those freakin things I can't bare to type in another password. :D
--BK--
Never mind. I go it. LOL
--BK--
On the Armor tab, there appears to be a bit of confusion about where the Improved Damage Threshold feat is for calculating Damage Threshold.

Aww, isn't that the most annoying, tingly little error. It will be updated for the next version, when I get a few more problems, but until then, be assured that both DT boxes should contain "J44", not "F44".

Keep them coming!
Dude! You are a genius!! Excellent!
--BK--
I'll come clean on this. I'm pretty lazy. I couldn't find a way of getting the ability mods to appear in front of the "CON" or "WIS" or "DEX" etc, so I figured they could just look up at the mod in the abilities section, or write it in. But I might be persuaded to work around it.

I think I can safely speak for everyone when I say that the score names don't matter on an automated sheet. I would rather be able to read across the line to verify the math then spend an hour flipping the sheet over and over. I know you have no way to have both. I'm very good at excel and actually have a MOUS certification in it. I'm currently applying to be a college MS Office teacher. Right now I just tutor so I can see your problem. The best route is to nuke the words and put the ability mods in.
The languages and trained skill slots are increasing with every point in INT. It is supposed to be every increase in the modifier, calculated like this example: StrMod=TRUNC(Str/2-5,0).
I could be wrong but I am pretty sure Liquid cable dispensers do not weight 30 kilos.. or 66 pounds

Something is mucked up on the skills to train in section. it lists 10 with first level jedi 14 int.

never mind...if you don't give yourself a 10 int +14 alien modifiers you run into less of these problems.....

Utility Belt looks good. Maybe a conditional format to differentiate where the utility belt items and feild kit end?

Field kit is missing Condensing Canteens, Atmo canitosters, rations but looks good.

I noticed the Attack one and 2 slots open a different amount on the drop down. This is inconsistant. I think the amount opened on the 2 3 and 4 slots is better. Doesn't effect usage any just a graphics bug.
How come the feats do not show up in the stat blocks?

They show up if they are an attack option or a special but not in thier own section on the block.

just wondering.

Other than that a great resource
Looking very good, just one small request could you add in to the Languages tab, the Language of Mando'a or add a way in for someone to add in a custom Language
How come the feats do not show up in the stat blocks?

They show up if they are an attack option or a special but not in thier own section on the block.

just wondering.

Other than that a great resource

They do. under talents and abilities.
Well here is my character... Where are my feats listed? This is the stat block I get.

Kyrr Starhopper CL 11

Medium Human jedi 8 / jedi knight 3
Destiny ; Force 14; Dark Side 0
Init +13 (Force Intuition); Senses Perception +12
Languages Basic

Defenses Ref 26 (flat-footed 23), Fort 24, Will 25
hp 41; Threshold 29

6 squares
Melee lightsaber +15 (2d8+5)
Base Atk +11; Grp +14
Atk Options Acrobatic Strike, Double Attack
Special Actions Block, Deflect, Djem So, Dodge, Redirect Shot
Force Powers Known (Use The Force +13) Battle Strike, Mind Trick, Surge

Abilities Str 11, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 16
Talents Force Intuition, Block, Deflect, Redirect Shot, Foresight, Djem So
Skills Acrobatics +13, Endurance +11, Initiative +13, Knowledge (Galactic Lore) +13, Perception +12, Use the Force +13
Possessions lightsaber (self-built), comlink, long-range, utility belt (3 day food supply, medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, short range, liquid cable dispenser), jedi robes
is this gotten from clicking a button? cause the stat block on the excel sheet has them. If you clicked a button to export that means the bug is in the button
Oddly, I have a Feats line.

Abilities Str 11, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 17, Wis 13, Cha 10
Talents Knack (x1), Gimmick, Master Slicer, Barter
Feats Dual Mastery I, Improved Defenses, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Skill Focus (x1), Weapon Focus (pistols), WP (pistols, rifles, simple)
Skills Deception +8, Knowledge (Social Sciences) +11, Knowledge (Technology) +11, Mechanics +16, Persuasion +8, Pilot +11, Use Computer +16

Perhaps something about Jedi or Jedi Knight does weird things. For reference, my block above is from a Scoundrel 5/Scout 1.
I will test it some more
I finally got it working and when making a Miraluka character I noticed they don't get Force Sensitive for free. And what is Force Sith? :D
Random ht and wt doesn't seem to be working for me either.
Fun, friendly community specializing in play by post games for every system and free from gaming. Come check us out. Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance campaign
Its Acrobatic Strike. Once you select it the feats list disappears from both the stat block and CS2.

Anyone else confirm this?
Very nice program! :D

Some things I've found:
-Droid armor is not added to final Ref defense
-Zabrak is not a language you can speak
Would you mind adding "other" to the list?

Just so I can enter an alien that is not there (No extra feat), work out the details, and add my special details later?
also noticed that when you take a helmet package it doesnt add in low-light vision with your senses
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the extra languages didn't list out on a character I made. I could choose them, but they don't appear in the stat block or character sheets.
--BK--
Also i was making a character and when i buy a suit of armour that I'm am proficient in list my speed a 0 and what I'm not proficient in as 4, and i only have a light load of equipment
Hmmm... Made my lvl 8 character... I cluddged the race with a Chiss...

I noticed that you can take extra class skills and it will just warn you with a -1 this is a GOOD thing, since my race is catlike and they get Acrobatics for free.

When I was monkeying around at first and clearing fields, the program seemed to forget to triple the first lvl of hit points...

When I took "Spacehound", it opened up the correct new talents, but did not take away the talent I used in the tracking box up top. (Freebe?)

And when I look at the block stats, the attacks and damage are not true. I like how it is listed for the sample characters in the back. (i.e. Base attack + appropriate attribute bonus + 1/2 character lvl + misc., etc...) or when I took "Weapon Finesse" did that screw up the math?
However, this is a FANTASTIC resource, keep it up.

:D :D :D
Its Acrobatic Strike. Once you select it the feats list disappears from both the stat block and CS2.

Anyone else confirm this?

Confirmed Add acrobatic strike feats disappear. remove and the show up again.
Credits do not show up in the credits field of C2 or the stat block.

XP should show up somewhere so you can keep a record.