LucasArts reveals Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefrontelitesquadron/

Only for PSP and DS.

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
Game Data

Platform: PSP® (PlayStation® Portable), Nintendo DS⁚
Publisher: LucasArts
Developer: Rebellion (PSP), n-Space (Nintendo DS)
ESRB Rating: TEEN with Fantasy Violence
Release Date: Fall 2009

Star Wars Battlefront® is back and bigger than ever on the PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system and Nintendo DS⁚! Releasing this Fall, Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron is the deepest and most action-packed Star Wars Battlefront game ever. Experience battlefronts that span ground, space and capital starships, a robust original storyline and expanded gameplay features that deliver seemingly endless replayability.

Game Information

Fight on an expanded battlefront that spans multiple layers of action — start the fight on foot, commandeer a vehicle and dogfight in space, and land your craft on and fight in capital starships — your actions in each area directly affect the outcome on others
Take the lead role in an engrossing, never-before-told storyline that puts you in the middle of the action of the most memorable battles spanning the entire Star Wars® saga and beyond
Massive amounts of replay value and customization ensure that every battle you take part in is unique and different:
Deep customization options on the PSP system let you build and outfit your character like never before — dictate the weapons they carry into battle, the armor they wear on their backs, their species, gender, appearance and physical strengths including hundreds of unlockable items and bonuses
Unique class-based gameplay on the Nintendo DS let you take advantage of numerous character classes, each with their own specialized weapons and tools and even the ability to carry a lightsaber into battle
Feel the rush of combat on the PSP system with 16-player multiplayer matches complete with enhanced stat tracking, or battle intense four-player skirmishes on the Nintendo DS
Let loose your inner Jedi or Sith in the special “Heroes and Villains” mode where you can play classic characters like Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Kit Fisto, Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Asajj Ventress, Boba Fett, plus new characters from the Star Wars Battlefront®: Renegade Squadron⁚ and Star Wars®: The Force Unleashed⁚ video games
Battle on some of the most iconic Star Wars planets and locations from the feature films, all with multi-layered battlefronts, such as Tatooine, Endor, Yavin 4 and Hoth through 12 campaign levels on the PSP system and 11 campaigns on the Nintendo DS
Commandeer trademark Star Wars vehicles and spacecraft from the Empire’s TIE Fighters to the Rebel Alliance’s X-wings, as well as AT-RTs, LAATs, Imperial Transports and Droid Fighters

Screenshots http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefrontelitesquadron/screenpop.html?platform=unsorted&screenCount=14&imgAspectRatio=4x3&winAspectRatio=4x3
SoonToBeOld...
Shortened for your sanity until BBCode/Sblocks are readded.
56896968 wrote:
You know, in general I really love people who play Star Wars Minis. You could almost call them "Star Wars Minis Gamers." I'm just saying.
By the way, stop posting right before I hit "Post..."! YodaRulzTheStarWarsUniverse
I have three words:

Will not play.
Wasted, toatlly wasted on these smaller formats.
A good workman doesn’t blame his tools. Overall winner of the "Alien Scum" custom contest! Good Trades : Boss Nass;Sith_Slayer;lukey84;Biggsy;Kael_Dro nna;Reysan_Aura;Purple_Wind;The_Fringer Bad Trades 0
How many people have begged for a Battlefront 3 for the larger consoles? How many times have any of us imagined what they could do with this game, and they release it in this format? I will definetly not be buying this game.
i got a psp for rouge squadron, but im still gonna play my good ol' battlefront 1 and ocasionally 2
Wasted, toatlly wasted on these smaller formats.

Agreed. The game sounds outstanding, but unfortunately, I'm not going to waste my money on a PSP/DS only format.

I've tried Battlefront on the PSP and I'm not a fan. My Ogre fingers get tired of the tiny buttons and knobs and the gameplay is just not as good IMO.
Man, I bought all the SW PSP games and I would say the worst one is the Battlefront Renegade Squadron, and the twilleck game I don't recall since it was soooo bad... But the Force Unleashed and the Battlefront II was pretty descent on a PSP format in terms of 3D picture quality game play...
WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!!! :headexplo :headexplo :headexplo :headexplo :headexplo
All these years of begging for Battlefront 3 and this is what we get??? :headexplo :headexplo :headexplo Don't they ever listen?????!?!?!?!
Quote from Emporerdragon: And I'd consider comparing it to the voxyn a poor comparison. The voxyn was a 1-beast army capable of reducing entire squads to ruin without breaking a single drop of acidic sweat. The box is a ****ing box. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre. Everyone else has a lightsaber, but i made a saberstaff. ==========================>IIIIIIIIYYYYIIIIIIII(========================== My sig was way better before the dark times... before the BETA.
PC? No.

PS3? No.

PS2? No.

Wii? No.

XBox? No.

Gee, they couldn't make it for any systems my family already owns?

Guess they don't want my business.
Photobucket
All I want to know is WHY is it only for PSP and DS?

We can still hope that there's still going to be a BF3... even if it's only hoping...
SoonToBeOld...
Shortened for your sanity until BBCode/Sblocks are readded.
56896968 wrote:
You know, in general I really love people who play Star Wars Minis. You could almost call them "Star Wars Minis Gamers." I'm just saying.
By the way, stop posting right before I hit "Post..."! YodaRulzTheStarWarsUniverse
All I want to know is WHY is it only for PSP and DS?

Because the company that was working on Battlefront 3 for the consoles collapsed.
IMAGE(http://www.lusogamer.com/live/green/gamercard_gamerbar/EmporerDragon.png)
It's so sad that it went from this to this.
AMS-51 "Dendrite" Connection lost...searching...
Because the company that was working on Battlefront 3 for the consoles collapsed.

And it was gonna be the guys who did Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Timesplitters!

:raincloud
Sign In to post comments