Well worldwake has been out for a bit now and we're all getting accustumed to the way the cards play so lets talk about the cube inmplications of this newest of new sets.
First the obvious includes:
- Jace, the Mind Sculpter - uh free brainstorms and unsummons, this guy is retarded and obviously in
- Celestial Colonnade, Creeping Tar Pit, Lavaclaw Reaches, Raging Ravine, Stirring Wildwood - This is in and not just because it is Kool-ade for your rectum. This set of lands may be the coolest set they've ever done in my estimation. All 5 in.
- Basilisk Collar - I was like the last person to recognize it's power but it is pretty awesome, not Jitte or warhammer but still good.
- Loam Lion - Well Kird Ape is totally in and this is totally Kird Ape.
Then the pretty good stuff
- Marshall's Anthem - In a format like cube, holy carp this might be bah-roken.
- Tectonic Edge - The crappy stepchild of strip mine and wasteland. Still awesome.
- Seering Blaze - 6 damage for 2 mana is pretty sick, however I think as you move up to cube you may have less good targets since you have to hit a creature.
- Leatherback Baloth - a 3 mana monocolored 4/5 is borderline retarded. The only problem here is that I haven't really had mono-green be viable for most of the cube's life.
- Terrastadon - this guy is actually really really good. 3 permanents? Yowza!
- Wind Zendikon - 2/2 flying, haste for 1U doesn't seem bad huh?
- Permafrost Trap - 2 fogs, with 2 free attacks is bonkers good
- Perimeter Captain - He's a pretty awesome wall, I'm just not sure if he's cube worthy since there are only about 4 other walls
- Groundswell - 4 damage for G is really good.
- Everflowing Chalice - This card really is awesome. Just not sure I want more artifact mana in the cube
- Explore - I don't know. THis card is really difficult to get a bead on, at worst it cycles and at best it time walks. Where the 50% case is, though, I don't know.
- Canopy Cover - I think this is probably just a step away from being a cube worthy card. Also the can't block condition is worse in cube.
- Anowan, the Ruin Sage - The Abyss got removed for being to unfun, not sure if this might not be a good replacement.
- Admonition Angel - WOW if this sticks you just straight win. Even if it doesn't you still had a 6/6 for 6. A very interesting card. Probably just not good ennough for the high end white though.
- Abyssal Persecutor - I need to see this in action in standard to judge it. Seems like a great cube card but that downside is really really big. I can't get much of a feel for this fella.
I missed Stoneforge Mystic somehow. That guy is almost certain to be cubeable.
So what are you guy's thoughts on these cards in the cube?
On a different note. Andy: I opened another Persecutor if you are still looking for them.